The Course aims to facilitate critical decision-making in vaccinology by providing participants with a comprehensive overview of the various aspects of vaccinology (immunology, vaccine development, clinical trials, regulatory processes, vaccine-specific issues including new vaccines, vaccination strategies and policies, programme implementation, humanitarian emergencies, social, economic, political and ethical issues, financing, and communications…).
|Organized by Fondation Mérieux & Université de Genève,
at "Les Pensières", Center for Global Health, Veyrier-du-Lac, France, close to Annecy and Geneva.
ADVAC is co-sponsored by:
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP)
- European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID)
- Fondation Mérieux
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIAID-USA) and Fogarty International Center
- University of Geneva
- World Health Organization
ADVAC is funded by the participants’ registration fees, education grants, and in-kind contributions from the organizing and co-sponsoring agencies. Fellowships for selected ADVAC participants are supported by grant funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP), the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), and the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID).
Education grants are provided by:
Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations • GlaxoSmithKline • Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. • Merck • Pfizer • Sanofi Pasteur • Serum Institute of India • Takeda