This advanced Course is for scientists and decision-makers involved in vaccine development, in the elaboration of new vaccination strategies or in policy decisions related to the introduction of new vaccines in public health programmes, at national or international levels. It is relevant for both the public and private sectors.
European CME credits are requested annually from the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®). Participants in the Course should be able to convert these credits through their respective professional bodies.
The steps below describe the application process:
- ONCE YOUR WEBSITE ACCOUNT is activated (by email), LOGIN to the site using your User Name and Password and complete the application.
- FILL IN THE STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION - your application should be in English
You may leave and come back as many times as you need before final submission of your application.
Should you wish to paste a text prepared in Word (preferably ARIAL font), copy it, then paste it in the relevant box using touch Ctrl-V.
Participants (maximum 75) will be selected by the ADVAC Scientific Committee, according to their: educational background, involvement in vaccinology, decision-making responsibilities in vaccinology, and expected impact of the Course at personal, institutional and national levels.
- Experience in Vaccinology:
Please indicate, with details, your most important vaccinology-related past experience and present activities. Give details of your present or future responsibilities with particular emphasis on what relates to vaccines or vaccination strategies. This information will be essential during the selection process (maximum 1 A4 page)
How do you think this Course may impact on your career, on your institution/company or on vaccination strategies at national or regional levels?
Indicate why you want to follow this Course. Give details on your motivation(s). This information will also be essential during the selection process (maximum half A4 page)
List up to FIVE most important publications for which you were the main/first author or a co-author, listing authors, title, journal, year, pages.
- Letters of recommendation:
These are mandatory. Please add two signed and recently dated letters of recommendation on headed paper, one from a higher authority in your Institute/Administration/Company and another from an outside expert with whom you have worked. These letters should (i) confirm that your participation is encouraged by your own institution/government/company (ii) give details on your present and expected future responsibilities.
Persons recommending more than one applicant should be aware that we will usually select only one applicant per institution. A separate letter should be written for each of the applicants.
Additional recommendation letters are also accepted.
You should scan the letters and attach them as pdf files to the application as requested at time of submission.
- Once your application has been completed you will be able to submit it.
- Your application will then be reviewed by our staff who will ensure that it is properly completed.
- You will be notified by email on the outcome of your application by early February.
If selected, participants will be required to pay the following fees to confirm their participation.
The registration and accommodation fees for all selected participants (except for those in receipt of a fellowship) are as follows:
- Registration fees:
• Participants from academic/governmental institutions & NGOs benefit from reduced fees: 1700 € VAT included.
• Participants from industry (SME and ADVAC-sponsoring Industry): 4400 €.
• Other industry participants: 9400 €.
The fees include tuition and course materials for the full period of the Course.
- Accommodation fees: 2700 € VAT included. The fees include food and lodgings for the entire period of the Course. Food and lodgings form an integral package at a fixed price and cannot be separated. No reduction can be made for days where the accommodation is not used.
Fellowships covering travel expenses, as well as registration and accommodation fees will be available for selected candidates as follows:
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will provide fellowships for selected candidates from Low and Middle Income Countries.
The European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP) will provide fellowships for selected candidates from Sub-Saharan African countries.
The European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID) will provide fellowships for selected ESPID members of good standing* whose membership fees have been paid up in full.
* For further details, please consult the ESPID website (espid.org).
Candidates wishing to apply for such fellowships should check the appropriate box on their application and ADVAC organizers will inform the relevant fellowship provider.